CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas tree experience

I was threatened by my dear brother in law to post another blog so to make him happy I'm putting down the whiskey bottle and chaining the kids to their beds so I can get this posted with no interruptions. Well we finally got our Christmas tree up Sunday afternoon. Personally I thought it was a waste of time since it was already Dec 7 and I usually put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I was also told that if I did not put up a tree for "those babies" that my best friend would personally come and kick my ass. So with that being said I got my tree up. So well let me tell you a little about my tree. In years past I have had this big beautiful tree...its was old...one of those ones that you have to color match the branches with the tree stand but I loved it. It was big and I could put a gazillion lights on it and make it beautiful. The one thing I have about lights is that I would much rather have all one color lights instead of multicolored. This tree was on loan from my sister...when they moved away and lived in the smallest house in the world they let me use this tree since I now lived in the biggest house in the world...well not that big but you could fit their house into my house and still have lots of room. Well last year they bought a house, a much much bigger house and decided that they wanted their tree back so there I was left with no tree. My mom being the wonderful mother that she is said that she would buy me a tree....a prelit tree....how wonderful is that...no more tangling lights, no more worry about whether they would work or not. So I set out last year to go and get me my new tree at mommy's expense. I found one a 6 1/2 foot prelit tree. Its not as big as the one my sister stole, I mean took back from me but it was a tree. I bought it and we took it home and out of the box and WOW only 3 pieces...the bottom the middle and the top!! This was great. I got it all put up, all the balls and ornaments and go plug it in and it was pretty but it had multicolored lights. This did not match my ball and ornament "theme". Needless to say I left it alone but was really not satisfied with my tree at all last year. So jumping to this year I start thinking about that multicolored prelit tree and think...ok how hard could it be to take those mulicolored lights off...well I'm here to tell you right now.....ITS FREAKIN HARD!!! Yes it took me 3 hours of clipping and unwrapping and untangling those stupid lights but I got it done dangit and I got my tree up and I got my gazillion clear lights and a few red ones and I got all my red and white ornaments and all my red and white ribbons and I love my tree this year. If I knew how to post pictures I would post one for yall but I'll have to figure that out another time.

1 comments:

The Idiot Speaketh said...

Become A Jehovahs Witness and leave your tree misery behind..Ask me for details.