CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

This year hasnt started out so well!!

Ok so I really really suck at this blog thing.....no comments from you Lord of the Idiots!!! We had a really good Christmas...everyone got exactly what they wanted and everyone was happy. Nick spent all day on Christmas day riding his blue 4 wheeler and Emily, Ryan and Chance played their games they got. Richie wasnt feeling to good so he spent most of Christmas Day in bed. Chance went back to Wylie on Sat after Christmas. I wish he could have stayed longer but he was going to have Christmas with his mom and stepdad and his family and then they were all going on a much needed cruise. I tried to go home with him but he said I had to stay here....darnit!! So anyways I tried to stay home from work the week of New Years and do a little "cleaning" but my "boss" told me he needed me to come in, so the "cleaning" has been put off. I am still working on it, it is just taking me way longer then I wanted it to. So Richie and I go out for New Years Eve. This is the first New Years we have spent together in I know for sure 2 years. We went to a party here in Chillicothe and had a BLAST!!! Of course Richie was the hit of the party with his jello shots....yes he made 57 jello shots and they were gone in a matter of a couple of hours. No I didnot have my share of jello shots but I did have my fair share of Miller Lite, Jagerbombs and a shot of Patron that I dont even recall taking....LOL!! Its so fun to get to go out and act irresponsible every once in awhile. I actually got up and felt pretty good....surprise surprise....I'm usually the one with the horrible hangover. I made some blackeyed pea dip and we munched on that most of the day. Well I guess I did anyways. So Friday Richie and I are suppose to leave to go to Beaumont for his holiday party at Mammoet. Richie wakes up at 2:15 am and is shivering. I felt his head and he didnt have any fever but said that his throat hurt really bad so I got him some water and some chloroseptic spray and went back to bed. At 6:30 he wakes up and is burning up with fever....I give him more tylenol and he starts an antibiotic that he had. He actually gets up and takes a shower and gets ready to go. I thought for sure he would not want to go but we get all the kids packed up and take them to Ma's house and then were off on that 8 hour drive to Beaumont. He calls me on the phone...I am following him in my car and says...."Honey I dont think I can make it the whole way." I said ok so you wanna stop in Corsicana and spend the night and he was all about that so thats what we did. We got there around 3:00 or so and went to our room and he went straight to bed and I watched the rest of the Tech game and munched some more on the blackeye pea dip....yes I brought it with me!!! So the next morning he says he feels a little better but not much so we set out to just go straight to where the party is in League City about 4 hours away. Im still following along behind him when my car starts acting kinda funny. I would push the excelerator and it wouldnt go so I call him and tell him that I had to pull off that something is wrong with the car so he comes back and lets me drive his pickup and he drives my car and it does the same thing with him so we pull off the side of the interstate right outside of Centerville, Texas.....not a very big place at all! Luckily I got the "great deal" in the mail with AAA and since I am so smart I joined....thank goodness! They were there in about 30 minutes but told us that nothing would be open until Monday....this was Saturday so Richie gives them all the info and they tow it back to Centerville and the lady said she would take it to the mechanic first thing Monday. They were really nice people there at Kelly's Wrecker Service in Centerville. So we set out to go to the party and finally get there and Richie's like....honey I dont think I'm gonna be able to make it to the party....and I'm like WHAT....we drove all this way and your not gonna be able to go with me to YOUR company party. I did feel sorry for him, he was sick and he was running a fever and puking and his head hurt.....(he should have got a flu shot)!!! So anyways I go to the party with my brother in law and sister in law. He works for Mammoet also and we have a great time. All Richie's buddies kept wanting me to give them the key to our room so they could go up there and mess with him but I didnt let them....he really was sick. So I ate, drank and ate some more and had a good time. Those Mammoet people are really fun to be around. So we get up the next day and go eat lunch with Tony, Brianne, David and Brandy and then Richie and I set out for Beaumont. I was driving of course and had to listen to the passenger seat driver over there telling where to go but we made it and in one piece thank you very much!! Although right outside of Beaumont it started raining so hard that there were people pulled off to the side of the road so I made Richie drive in that or else we wouldnt have made it probably. Hoping to hear something about my car on Monday so I can come home on Tuesday Richie goes to work and calls about 11:30 and says that they havent looked at it yet but will call as soon as they do. Ok so 4:00 comes around and he calls and says that they just drove it and they will let him tomorrow whats wrong with it....Crap so that means that whatever is wrong with it then they will have to work on it tuesday and then I wont be able to come home until Wednesday. So Tuesday morning Richie starts calling them at 8....phone busy, again and again he calls and still busy. Finally around 2:00 he gets ahold of them. They tell him that its the transmission and that they will have to pull it out send it off for someone to rebuild it and then put it back in and it wont be ready until next week.....oh and its gonna cost anywhere from $1800 to $2200. Oh ok I have that much money floating around so Richie calls him back and tells him to go ahead and start on it. I on the other hand wish it would mysteriously catch on fire!!! So I have come home finally in Richie's truck. He got a work truck plus his brother is there working with him now so Richie will be the one dealing with the car. Ma will prolly never let me go another place without taking the kids in fear that I will leave them there longer then the predetermined dates. The school will prolly turn me in to cps because yes my 2 lovely children decided to play hooky on the first day back to school after a 2 week Christmas break and my mom will prolly kill my cats so she wont have to go over there and check on them. My house is a wreck, my Christmas tree is still up and the decorations are still outside. My kids run around the house like crazy's because for some reason they dont like the word.....NO....so here it is Jan 9th and I've already had one hell of a year!! Surely its got to get better then this!!!

2 comments:

BrandiMcavey said...

Holy Cow!! It sounds horrible when you write it! It'll get better.....no worries! :)

The Idiot Speaketh said...

Ouch! Guess this would be a bad time to ask for a loan huh?